We take great care when appointing an approved repairer to our network so you can be assured quality service and repairs.
We don't just appoint any repairer to the network.
To be considered as a BIAWA Approved Marine Professional, businesses must:
- Have all the necessary facilities, equipment and qualified tradespeople to complete the repair or service to the highest possible standards,
- Be willing to abide by our Code of Practice and Code of Conduct,
- Participate in annual reviews, including regular inspections of the business operation and premises.
Why choose a BIA Approved Professional?
To be an Approved Mechanic, each must guarantee their workmanship, maintain a fair pricing policy, and agree to follow the BIAWA Code of Practice for their category. A BIA Approved Mechanic must also maintain standards in equipment and qualifications to remain accredited. Approved Mechanics are regularly audited by BIA to ensure they continue to comply with our high standard of service and facilities, our Approved Mechanics are experienced marine technicians performing general repairs to specialist repairs.
The Benefits of a BIA Approved Professional
- They will charge you a fair price for the work they've done
- They won't charge you for work that hasn't been done or isn't needed
- All customers are treated with courtesy and respect
- The repairer has been judged by BIAWA to have the required knowledge, skills and equipment to perform repairs at a high standard
- BIAWA conducts regular audits to ensure they maintain the high standards required to be and remain an Approved Professional
- Above all, Approved Professionals want to do the right thing by their customers and keep them coming back, as well as keep their BIA Approved Professional Status
What happens if I am not happy with an Approved Professional?
If a customer does have a dispute with an Approved Mechanic they can contact BIA on 9227 7899 for advice on how to resolve the issue. If there is any doubt over the quality of the workmanship, a BIA liaison officer will conduct an inquiry and will liaise with the customer and the repairer.